Friday, August 5, 2011

Hello

I did this on a whim. Today is August 5, 2011.My daughter who has CFS just left for a birthday party. She feels achy and tired. "Like poop stain" she likes to say. She will stay for a bit and come home like she usually does when she's having a bad day. She started experiencing symptoms in March 2009 and was officially diagnosed in December of 2009.  She is a senior in high school. Homebound her junior year.She barely acquired enough credits to become a senior but did. I now see I did not help her enough during the school year. She has given herself a goal: to graduate and receive her diploma. She (and I) will have to work very hard for that to happen especially being homebound.

She does not go to a support group and does not see a therapist right now. She has before. She thinks she is handling this terrible terrible  disease well. I do not and I am not. It has consumed her life and mine. I always tell my friend that CFS controls her and she has to control it. Sometimes I feel it's controling me. I guess I'm looking for someone who can understand me and this new way of life. I was diagnosed with breast cancer July 10, 2008.  Surgeries, chemo and radiation until March of 2009. Done, nada.........I just celebrated my three year anniversary.  I feel like I had a cake walk compared to what my daughter is going through.

So much thoughts and feelings I would love to put out there.....frustration especially. I will keep this first blog short though as I am already feeling overwhelmed with what I have just begun.

L

No comments:

Post a Comment